Staying productive at home can be a difficult task. It can be easy to get sidetracked by distractions throughout the day, leaving you wondering where the time went. To maximize your efficiency in the home office, consider the following 10 self motivation tips.
1. Personalize your office. Coming to work at a sparse, unadorned desk can make it difficult to be motivated for work. Consider personalizing your workplace so that it is a welcoming space to sit down to.
2. Minimize clutter. When your desk is covered in papers, files, and other objects, you may have trouble finding what you need and end up wasting time searching through clutter. Organizing your desk and eliminating unnecessary items can greatly increase productivity.
3. Set daily and weekly goals. A great way to motivate yourself is to start the day with a list of achievable goals. Crossing these off as you go along can help you to keep track of what you have accomplished.
4. Reward yourself. Be sure to take time to reward yourself for completing larger tasks or for having particularly productive days. A reward could come in the form of a longer break, a good lunch, a nice coffee drink, or whatever else may motivate you to complete quality work.
5. Accommodate your work style. If you work best in the morning, consider waking up early and completing your more difficult tasks during this time. You will then have the afternoon to spend on less important items. Adjust your schedule accordingly if you are more productive in the afternoon.
6. Take breaks. Taking frequent breaks can help to keep you energized throughout the work day and help you transition from one task to another.
7. Dress before you work. It can be difficult to feel ready to work when you are dressed for a day on the couch. Taking some time to dress in the morning can save you from hours of low productivity later in the day.
8. Set a schedule. Give yourself a limit amount of time to work on each task. Scheduling your work ahead of time can help you to estimate how much you can realistically get done in a day while also helping you to stay on task.
9. Take time to eat. Starting the day off with a good breakfast can give you the boost you need to start your day. Likewise, taking a lunch break to reenergize is important for successfully completing a full day’s work.
10. Check in with a coworker or friend. Talk about what you plan to get done today or this week. By communicating your goals and schedule to someone else, you may feel a greater sense of accountability that motivates you to stick to your plans.
Every person is motivated differently. Try a combination of these tactics, changing them as necessary to find what works best for you. Most importantly, listen to yourself and make your home office habits work for you.
Beyondtheofficedoor.com is an modern office furniture that specializes in ergonomic products and accessories. From keyboard trays to fully adjustable height desks, we have an expansive inventory of office products that can be adjusted to your needs. Contact us today to learn more about the modern office furniture that we offer.
Permission for Reprint or Use Content on a Website: If you want to use one or more of our articles on your website, ezine, and/or in print, we typically will allow you to do so with our permission. Just email us a short description of where and what you plan to use. We will respond to you, usually within 1 business day, detailing our conditions of your reprint. If an article will appear on a website, it is required that all of our links stay intact. If the article will appear in print, it will usually require a mention of our website with toll free number and a quick excerpt of our company. If the article will appear in an email ezine a link and our toll free number will be required. That's usually all we need, but please note that permission is required!
General Office Articles